Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Week 3.  

This week the challenge was to use metal tape on a project.  This was not my favorite challenge, because I really do not ever use anything that is not designed for scrapbooking.  I decided a page with a picture was out of the question, so I decided to make a tag.  I went to Lowe's, and bought the tape, and right away I embossed the tape, and then die cut it with a spellbinders iron works motif die. I aged it with Gesso, and different color paints to shabby it up and make it look old.  The picture doesn't look right because it shows up white in places and that die cut is old and rustic looking in person.  





I used a Tim Holtz for Ranger tag.  I stamped with Gesso in no particular fashion.  Heat set it. I then inked up the tag with Tim Holts distress inks in Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, and Spun Sugar.  The picture again is off because the tag in person is pinker.   I added a piece of Kaisercraft paper, a doily, and some lace.  Then I added the die cut, and some flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment